Monday, November 24, 2008

All Cranked-Up and Slowly Unwinding

I felt after a day like today, it was time to begin blogging. It feels like there's been just so much screaming lately (by the kids, & the mom). Children have a way of making scriptures fly through your head (mainly the one that says, "Children are a gift from the Lord...").

The last "straw" came tonight when my youngest son locked the bathroom door again. At 3 years old, there's probably not much need for locking any door unless it means getting into something that you're not supposed to be into. (As in the other night when he rubbed Vicks all over his face and ate half a bottle of antacids.) Anyway, when my next oldest son opened the door, I see my youngest as he's taking the disposable cup for brushing teeth and dumping water into the toilet. Not quite sure if this is water from the toilet (which was not just water) or if it was from the sink.

Well, I'm sure that I don't have to tell you that he had a very quick lesson in cleaning the toilet and now I breathe a sigh of relief (and exhaustion) as I am assured that he's in his bed. Hopefully sleeping.

Note to self: Check on that one before I go to sleep. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

...children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward" (Psalm 127:3).

I find it interesting that that specific passage included within the same passage -

Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good. (Psalm 127)

A reward? In contrast to popular perception - according to God, children are, not could be, a blessing to be cherished.

The issue that we miss as parents often is; Where does this blessing come? It's not simply the act of having the children in the family - but rather as Ephesians 6:4 says, when they are brought up "the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.". There in lies the blessing and the heritage...

mommanator said...

I love children and their antics- keeps ya alive! Ya just have to remember you prob did he same thing to your moms!
I'll be stopping by!

Kelli said...

:) I love you!

Trish said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Sounds like you have a lively bunch, and I'm sure they will give you much fodder for your blog. :)

Hands-Free Heart said...

Hey there... I'm so glad you're blogging. Can't wait to hear more from your heart (and all the silly stuff too).

These types of experiences are well-known here with my almost 3-year old (Fuzzy-Wuzzy)... and you never know when he's going to sneak out of bed!

Livin' Life said...

So very glad to hear from you in the cyber world. I have been looking forward to you blogging some day.


Yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

I'm so glad you have entered the bloggy realm!

My two boys are a little older now, and though the stories are not over, the times when they would do the kind of things you described is over. Treasure these crazy times!

Your stories brought a smile to my face...

May He be your Feast,

Laura

Promises said...

Welcome to blogging! So glad that you will be sharing your heart with us!