Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reminiscing

As I sit here in the "quiet" of my home, my mind is filled with the amazing things that the Lord has done recently in my life. I wanted to share a few of those quick before anyone discovers I'm gone.

In the fall of 2007, I gave birth to my first daughter (3 boys were ahead of her) and something "freakish" happened. I won't bother sharing the entire testimony as it's quite lengthy I've found, but her & I both came in contact with HSV-1 (aka Herpes Simplex Virus-type 1). Now, if you're first reaction is wow! an STD, that is the same reaction that I had. Although incorrect. This is the same strain that causes shingles, chickenpox and cold sores. It could have been potentially devastating though had the Lord Jesus not be involved. I thank Him so much that He was.

Anyway, this is a virus that is known to not leave the body once infected. It just remains dormant in the spinal fluid until another stresser comes to make it flare up again. Not fun. Very painful. But we're not pursuing mans advice, we're pursuing the Lord and what He can do. We've been believing total healing for both of us. And I really think that we're seeing it.

Shortly after my initial outbreak, I began to develop one single blister inside my mouth (on the roof toward the back). It looked like a pimple, and it would come and go on it's own (unless of course I couldn't leave it alone and pop it myself--gross I know). Well, after over a year of praying and believing in healing from HSV for both the sweetpea and I, I realized the other day that I've not had this recurring pimple-thing for months! How amazing is that? I had come to expect it because it came so frequently. I didn't even notice that it wasn't appearing anymore!

Then, sweetpea runs high fevers while teething. A few months ago, she ran a temp of almost 105. I was sick to my stomach and nervous about her going through another outbreak (which requires medication because she's so young). In the past when she ran fevers, she almost always would get sick again with the virus. Well, I waited and waited. No lesions came. It was quite astonishing. Then again a couple of weeks ago she developed fevers again; again, no lesions. I'm in complete awe.

I've been hesitant in the past to claim the healing for us in my heart b/c I can see with my eyes. (I'm only realizing this now.) I could see each and every little pink bump on my beautiful daughter's head and be terrified, but still claiming healing. It seemed so foolish to me in the flesh, because I felt like I was trying to be one of those "positive thinkers". The only difference is that while they're trying to use the positive to make things happen, I was calling on the Name of Jehovah Nissi (God of Victory). I'm not quite sure of the verse, I think it's somewhere in 1 Corinthians, but it talks about "calling things that aren't as though they are". That's what we were/are doing and can't wait to see these things tested out to see our complete healing.

One of the things that have made me a little nervous about all of this is that we're expecting again. The docs want to put me on the medication at 6 months and will plan on doing a C-section if there's any signs of the virus. I know that in order to have a testimony, one must first have a test. I believe this will be my test. So, if you remember, please pray for the baby and I during the pregnancy and labor/delivery. I'm willing to accept the challenge (not like I have a choice!) and show what the Lord has done.

4 comments:

Livin' Life said...

We will absolutely be praying!!! Thank you for sharing so I know how to direct my prayers!

Anonymous said...

It seemed so foolish to me in the flesh.

Of course it does. :)

All through the Psalms, I've been learning that our flesh and spirit must be in alignment together with the Lord in order for fulfillment (or breakthrough)to come.

The Psalmist would say things like "Oh my soul, why are you so downtrodden"...or "my flesh is dry and thirsty". And a few lines later - the flesh (or spirit depending on the circumstance) would line up with that which is in line with The LORD and the two would experience the refreshing Glory.

In the flesh - the things of the spirit don't make sense. But as we 'press in' we force our flesh to do what the spirit is calling. Pressing in gives the flesh the strength to resist the devil's tactical confusion and diversion....when the alignment comes -occurs, breakthrough comes...

Kelli said...

You are a strong woman, my dear. You just are. With EVERYTHING the Lord has brought you through, you are such a pillar to many of us. The way you constantly rely on Him, praise Him, and love Him is breathtaking. I have NO DOUBT that you will go through this pregnancy and delivery with the grace that you do everything. You can do this. Why? Because He made you that way.

jkp said...

Thats awesome Jenni (about no signs of the virus)...I will pray for you and the babe...when are you due? Also thanks for stopping my site and for the prayers and encouragement! Jamie (Sorensen) Peterson